Saturday, September 12, 2009

All I need to do to get to the top of the mountain is CLIMB

Take a moment, close your eyes, and picture yourself standing at the bottom of a mountain looking up and saying, "All I need to do to get to the top of the mountain is climb." Can you see it? How long is the climb? How rough does it look? Do you see yourself at the top?

Let's change the scene a little. Picture yourself as a child standing at the bottom of the mountain. Can you see yourself all grown up at the top? How do you see yourself as a child? How do you see yourself at the top all grown up? Worn out, old, barely standing or Victorious, beautiful, and alive?

How long is your climb? I don't know about you, but I feel mine has been long and I have a long way to go! My mountain has a mixture of scenery. I see beautiful flowers at the bottom and spread out in different places, some fully blossomed and some still growing. I see dry rocky areas, to a beautiful water stream flowing down , to some cold, icy places. Mine looks very long and the scenery so different as the farther I look up. My hope is that one day I will be standing at the top with my hands lifted high and from the depths of my soul, shouting Freedom!

Now, that you have this picture of yourself climbing a mountain, stop for a moment. Ask yourself where are you at in the climb? Now go there. I see myself in the middle. I'm in a place that I'm too high up to go back down but yet I still can't see the top. But, I have to keep going. Are you there with me?

Are you climbing right now? Are you moving? Have you come to a hault to rest? Have you stopped because your worn out? Are you carrying to much weight? Have you come to a stand still because you stumbled over a rock and injured yourself? Have you stopped from an unexpected little flying rock or pebble that hit you but, got you deep because it came with such speed and force? Are you continuously circling the same area cause you loosed focused on the direct path up? Have you fallen down and are holding up by a limb? Or Are you moving? Brushing off the dust, moving the branches out of the way, grabbing a hold of each rock and pulling yourself up and looking up?

"I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward- to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back!"

All you need to do to get to the top of the mountain is Climb.

3 comments:

  1. God gave me a vision a while ago... I'm standing in a valley between two mountains... I've just come down off of the craggy, rocky, steep mountain, and I'm looking up a beautifully green, flowery, easy incline. Jesus is calling me up, to heights unimaginable, beckoning to me that His yoke is easy and His burden is light...

    I like your description of the mountain. I can really relate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. And while you're keeping your eyes focused on the destination, don't forget to pay attention and enjoy the journey! Even the rough parts...heck, especially the rough parts, 'cos that's where your character and strength will come from.

    ReplyDelete