Ok, so this is very different for me to openly write down my thoughts, especailly when I don't have the best confidence in my writing ability, but like my Blog says, I'm one who does my best at "keeping it real."
So I woke up this morning still in a personal funk. It's been a tough few days and I've done my best to seperate the feelings from the reality of different things going through my mind and weighing on my heart. Disappiontments at work, feeling like I failed my teams, no consistent time with the Lord, feeling guilty of not going to Him to lead and guide my days, Change in scenery, feeling like I'm not really making any strides forward, Ive just moved for a moment...etc, etc. One thought can lead to another if we don't take them captive and allow God to reveal the Truth in our heart. Instead, I drove to work analyzing my "feelings" which caused me to be even more sensitive, moody and emotional by the time I arrived at work. It seemed every action, word, or jester ran through a sensitive monitor machine, that ended up spitting up more feelings of despair, failure, guilt that just lead to a even heavier heart.
Soon enough, I couldn't take anymore! It was getting in the way of what was right in front of me...people, lives, Work! I took a deep breath and prayed a quick pray, "God, forgive me of allowing my feelings to get in the way of reality. Help me get my eyes off of self and look outward again. Help me to be a blessing to those around me. Turn this around for Your glory."
Then I waited. About 5 minutes later as I was busy doing something, one of my employees ask me a question about a potential relationship in my life and that began the open door of commuincation about God in her life. A question that started off as humorous, ended up impactful in her heart and mine! By the end of our conversation, I didn't feel the weight of heaviness dragging me down, but an excitement in my belly and love in my heart for the person that was standing in front of me, a life that God is calling to Himself!
So we all have our days, we all have "stuff" that happens, feelings that come and go but if we just take a moment to let go and let God, He just may turn that situation or thing around, Just Like That!
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love the entry! Isn't God amazing how He just opens up a door we didn't even realize was there and opens up our eyes to what He is doing. Keep it up. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for trusting all of us who read you, that you can be free with everyone and know it will be okay. Don't worry about your writing--you write beautifully! Having known your sassy, hard-working, and tough nature working under you, I didn't know what lay underneath. I'm really glad you started a blog...thanks for keepin' it real. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDelete